South Milford Walking Tour

Date: June 13, 2015
Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Join local historian David Kenton for an informative tour about Milford's early history.

Participants will gather at the Milford Museum at 121 S. Walnut Street.  The South Milford tour will make stops at Henry Hudson's homesite (Library), and proceed to early shipyards owned by William Scribner, James H. Deputy, Carlisle & Revel, Lank * Black, Abbott, and Vinyard.  It will continue past the early Milford Ballpark and Fireman's Carnival grounds and around the Causey Mansion to the L.D. Caulk Company's original plant.  The walk will conclude with a discussion of Milford's railway depot, lumber yards and mansions along Causey Avenue. 

Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.  Reservations are required and may be obtained by calling the Museum at 302-424-1080.  The cost of the tour is $10/person which is payable in advance or on the day of the tour.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Stay updated on the latests Exhibits and Events.

Recent News

No current items